Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Tuivasa vs. Tybura

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,693
  • Post Score: 46

12.08.2023 | 11:53 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 03.16.2024 at 04:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: UFC Apex
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Michael Bisping, John Gooden, Dominick Cruz, Heidi Androl
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Michael Bisping
  • MMA Bouts: 13
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Marcin Tybura   defeats   Tai Tuivasa   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:08 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Bryan Battle   vs.   Ange Loosa   Ends in a No Contest, Accidental Eye Poke   1:00 Round 2 of 3, 6:00 Total Bout Page
Ovince St. Preux   defeats   Kennedy Nzechukwu   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Christian Rodriguez   defeats   Isaac Dulgarian   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Macy Chiasson   defeats   Pannie Kianzad   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Gerald Meerschaert   defeats   Bryan Barberena   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:23 Round 2 of 3, 9:23 Total Bout Page
Mike Davis   defeats   Natan Levy   via Submission, Arm Triangle Choke   1:43 Round 2 of 3, 6:43 Total Bout Page
Chelsea Chandler   defeats   Josiane Nunes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jafel Filho   defeats   Ode Osbourne   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:27 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Danny Silva   defeats   Josh Culibao   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jaqueline Amorim   defeats   Cory McKenna   via Submission, Armbar   1:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Thiago Moisés   defeats   Mitch Ramirez   via KO/TKO, Leg Kicks   0:15 Round 3 of 3, 10:15 Total Bout Page
Chad Anheliger   defeats   Charalampos Grigoriou   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 4

frankfilthyjoji
frankfilthyjoji
  • Predictions:  2,875  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: 129

03.10.2024 | 4:41 PM ET

injury layoff

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 3551st

Don't be ignorant. Mike Davis had a major knee surgery, MCL i believe. Correct me if I'm wrong on exact part of knee. But this was an injury layoff.

@StyleBenderPicks 
This comment was meant for you.
@VicStrk 
Friendly fire, my bad.

* Edited at 03.10.2024, 6:16 PM ET *

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,777
  • Post Score: 128

03.10.2024 | 5:16 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3202nd

I have to agree with everything Ayy said about Nunes v Chandler though. Chandler can match Nunes in aggression and brawling and she is the bigger more physical of the two. She is also a much better grappler. Nunes TDD is listed at 70% but I just watched her fight with Ramona Pascual which is the only fighter that attempted to take her down and Pascual landed 3/3 all of them with ease. So Nunes real TDD is 0%.

I can see Nunes winning in the striking which to me is a 50/50. Both fighters will throw a lot and trade in the pocket. I just don't see how Chandler loses anytime they're grappling though, be it in the clinch where she uses her knees well or if she takes Nunes down. She will be able to engage in the grappling any time she wants because Nunes refuses to ever take a step back. Even when she's getting lit up she'd rather ride it out so that she can continue to press forward.
I really have to lean towards Chandler here, the line is very off to me.

I had a bet on Fairn vs Nunes at +450 which would not have been a robbery if judges gave Fairn 1st and 2nd round. Maybe I get it back on this one.

* Edited at 03.10.2024, 5:17 PM ET *

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

VicStrk
VicStrk
  • Predictions:  3,158  |  69.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,619
  • Post Score: 208

03.10.2024 | 5:20 PM ET

frankfilthyjoji

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 455 Points   |   Tied for 689th

....what ? I have no idea what you are referring to. 

I even went back in the comments in case I forgot I commentated something here in the past but there is nothing at all. 

@frankfilthyjoji 
 Got it. 👍

* Edited at 03.10.2024, 6:33 PM ET *

"This is a rat race...but I’m not a rat. I’m a f*ckin’ turtle, ninja turtle. So which one is your favorite? I like Michelangelo....next question - Tony Ferguson"

Khutulun19
Khutulun19
  • Predictions:  111  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: -28

03.10.2024 | 5:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1294th

Davis vs. Levy
Mike Davis, TKO, R2
The Levy fade spot is finally here, I've been years for this. Levy looks and smells like a karate guy but he's really a wrestler with about 1 round of gas. Davis doesn't fight enough for my liking but he is great wherever the fight goes and besides a spinning wheel kick from Levy in the first 30 seconds, Davis beats this man badly.

Nunes vs. Chandler
Chelsea Chandler, TKO, R2
I think Nunes is going to take a beating, The size difference is going to be huge (As it always is in Nunes fights). I don't know how Nunes is going to jump into range, her superman punch wont work as it's southpaw v southpaw and she has no servicable jab. Chandler will happily engage in the clinch, dirty box and she arguably has huge TD upside too. Can't believe she's the underdog.

Moisés vs. Ramirez
Thiago Moisés, SUB, R1
Going to pick Moises by Submission but I have a weird feeling about this. Moises is the better fighter everywhere, excellent BJJ and has a good enough single leg to initiate the grappling, where they should be worlds apart and Moises should win Sub/1. I'm not sure on Ramirez TDD but he appears the much bigger fighter here and we've seen Moises struggle when he is outmuscled (Think Alvarez and BSD). Now Ramirez isn't anywhere near that level but he appears to fight for your money, he looks as slow as molasses on the feet but will press forward and if it does stay on the feet, it's 50/50 as Moises has no output and I don't think he likes being hit. I'd probably be bettering Fight Not to Go distance rather than a ML.

Culibao vs. Silva
Josh Culibao, SUB, R2
Good fight for Culibao I think. He does play with his food a bit on the feet and tends to fight close in most of his fights, but he's very skilled, tough and great cardio. Culibao will have a big speed advantage and invest in the leg kick, which I think he will have sucess with as Silva is very boxing heavy. Silva appears to be a one trick pony in that he likes to pocket box, appears to be durable, but very hittable and also shells up alot during fights which is not a good look for the judges. I actually think the Culibao Sub might be a good option, he appears to have been competing in Australian BJJ tournaments between his last fight and now.

McKenna vs. Amorim
Cory McKenna, DEC
Mckenna is at a high reach disadvantage on the feet but watching tape, her boxing combinations are actually pretty good (Good speed and doubles up her jab). She probably has a cardio upside here too, especially if she keeps it standing because Amorim to me reminds me of early UFC Rodolfo in that if she doesn't get it to the mat, she has an anxiety attack. I think Amorim is sub/bust and I wouldn't be surprised if Mckenna follows her to the ground later in the fight when Amorim's gas-tank is on empty and has success.

Anheliger vs. Grigoriou
Charalampos Grigoriou, DEC
Close fight. Anheliger looks okay to me, I like his pocket boxing and he seems to have takedowns in his arsenal (Body lock and double leg sequence). Also appears to have great cardio, but the knock on that is he is 37 so he could fall off a cliff at anytime. Grigoriou is quite dynamic on the feet from the limited tape i've seen but questions for me are the cardio/grappling, which I'll give the benefit of the doubt in his favour if he's training at Serra-Longo. Picking Grigoriou, mainly because I feel he is going to have size and physicality advantage, also the UFC know what they are doing here and he seems like a real celebrity in Cyprus judging by his socials so I think they will try and push him.

Khutulun19
Khutulun19
  • Predictions:  111  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: -28

03.10.2024 | 5:51 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 1294th

Tuivasa vs. Tybura
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
I'm very 50/50 on this fight. I originally though Tai would look good early and then Tybura would take over late with his grappling and top control as he appears to have the much steadier cardio. Tybura has good movement on the feet but if Tai gets his leg kicks going he could negate that very quickly. I have concerns on the Tuivasa side, mainly about whether his heart is in the game anymore (See similarities to Tyson Pedro, who's is his good mate and business partner). I'm near certain he hasn't taken his camp over to Thailand/Dubai, which would be the first time in years and coming off a knee injury there questions that have to be answered. More a heart than head decision as I'd love to see Tai win but pretty binary fight (Tai Round 1/2 or Tybura 2/3)

Nzechukwu vs. St. Preux
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO, R1
Not much to say here, OSP is a walking punching bag, old and is here for a paycheck. Kennedy does have flaws but when he can dictate the pace of the fight on the feet with his boxing, he is a sniper This should be an easy kill for him. Don't know whether he finishes in Round 1 or stay's safe early and gets the KO in round 2 but one of those options makes sense.

Kianzad vs. Chiasson II
Macy Chiasson, DEC
Kianzad is not really good anywhere besides being tough in my view. She has no paths to win except for out-voluming her opponents on the feet and even then she generally fights close. Secret's out on her though I think and that's she very low level when she has her back to the floor. Chiasson is someone you need to see at weigh ins because she can pull a stunt on the scales but she has huge upside with cage pushing and top control here. I think her team at Fortis will come with a grappling heavy gameplan and expect her to win a decision.

Meerschaert vs. Barberena
Gerald Meerschaert, SUB, R2
GM3 is probably going to have nearly 20 pounds on 185 Barbarena, who looks like he walks out of the buffet and straight into the octagon at this weight division. This looks an easy win for GM3 but I have a seriously hard time laying chalk on GM3, as he's more a counter wrestler and gets his BJJ going off a scramble. Barberena is not going to do that. My pick is GM3 by submission but I guess if you don't think he's going to initiate the wrestling it has to be Barberena by decision?

AyyLmaonnaise
AyyLmaonnaise
  • Predictions:  16,653  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  32,818
  • Post Score: 90

03.10.2024 | 6:04 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 500 Points   |   Tied for 322nd

@gilese yeah if chandler wrestles here I think this is going to be a murder. She’s gonna get nunes down and just hammer her with gnp 

"“Unfortunately you can’t talk like that on FOX” - Joe Rogan"

jeffferson
jeffferson
  • Predictions:  624  |  72.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,073
  • Post Score: 147

03.10.2024 | 6:18 PM ET

Predictions: 9 of 13 Winners, 2 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 81st

Ceerod shouldn't be the underdog

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night" - Nick Diaz

DevinM34
DevinM34
  • Predictions:  461  |  67.0%
  • Forum Posts:  971
  • Post Score: 157

03.10.2024 | 6:48 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 5 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 3782nd

McKenna vs. Amorim
Cory McKenna, DEC
If Amorim had better cardio she'd be the easy pick here. She's got a great ground game and is going to be extremely dangerous in the first round, but as this fight goes on and Amorim gasses McKenna is going to start to take over. 29-28 UD

Anheliger vs. Grigoriou
Charalampos Grigoriou, DEC
Be careful with this one. Grigoriou doesn't have wins over any solid competition. His Contender Series win is his best win by far. I'm not sure if he's UFC level, but watching his tape he has good top control when he gets you on the ground and has some power in his hands. Anhelinger should be a winnable fight for him. He's 37 and one of the worst fighters on the roster at 135. Grigoriou should be able to use his wrestling to take a decision here.

"My balls was hot"

gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,777
  • Post Score: 128

03.10.2024 | 6:49 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 0 Perfect, 315 Points   |   Tied for 3202nd

My reaction when Dustin knocked out BSD

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

Zack145
Zack145
  • Predictions:  270  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: 213

03.10.2024 | 10:30 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 380 Points   |   Tied for 2023rd

Tuivasa vs. Tybura
Marcin Tybura, SUB, R2
Tybura by tko via gnp

Battle vs. Loosa
Bryan Battle, SUB, R2
Battle gets it done by finish I believe

Rodriguez vs. Dulgarian
Isaac Dulgarian, DEC
Torn on this one. But leaning towards Dulgarian.

Davis vs. Levy
Mike Davis, TKO, R2
Glad to see Davis back in action.

DevinM34
DevinM34

03.10.2024 | 10:32 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Culibao vs. Silva
Josh Culibao, DEC
Could bw

"My balls was hot"

DevinM34
DevinM34

03.10.2024 | 11:12 PM ET

Culibao vs. Silva
Josh Calibao, DEC

This has potential to be fight of the night. Silva had an absolute war in his contender series win and we know from Culibao's fight with Choi that he's capable of putting on a war too. Both of these guys have confidence in their hands and I think we're going to see them in a phone booth trading from bell to bell. Give me the guy with more experience against higher level competition to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if Silva pulled this off.

* Edited at 03.10.2024, 11:12 PM ET *

"My balls was hot"

BelalMuhammadGOAT
BelalMuhammadGOAT
  • Predictions:  41  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -50

03.11.2024 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 130 Points   |   Tied for 4736th

Battle vs. Loosa
Ange Loosa, TKO, R1
Bryan Battle does not push the pace, waits for his opponent to engage, and he does not have the boxing pedigree necessary to beat Ange Loosa. He is facing a much better opponent in this fight.

BelalMuhammadGOAT
BelalMuhammadGOAT
  • Predictions:  41  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: -50

03.11.2024 | 12:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 2 of 4 Winners, 0 Perfect, 130 Points   |   Tied for 4736th

Tuivasa vs. Tybura
Marcin Tybura, SUB, R2
Tybura is going to want to take down tuivasa because he sucks at grappling, and tybura is too old to give a **** about being entertaining

OleBuffalo
OleBuffalo
  • Predictions:  116  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 233

03.11.2024 | 6:59 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4882nd

McKenna vs. Amorim
Cory McKenna, DEC
Prob top control time w little offense

OleBuffalo
OleBuffalo
  • Predictions:  116  |  66.4%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 233

03.11.2024 | 7:00 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 1 of 5 Winners, 0 Perfect, 50 Points   |   Tied for 4882nd

Culibao vs. Silva
Josh Culibao
Culibao prob too salty this early in Silva's career

Ledecompte
Ledecompte
  • Predictions:  811  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: 35

03.11.2024 | 8:03 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 240 Points   |   Tied for 4277th

Tuivasa vs. Tybura
Tai Tuivasa, TKO, R1
I dont see the point of this he cant do a shoey in the apex

Nzechukwu vs. St. Preux
Kennedy Nzechukwu, TKO, R1
Hoping im awake to see this, and im hoping OSP goes out on his shield

Meerschaert vs. Barberena
Bryan Barberena, TKO, R2
Going against the grain but im a fan of Bam Bam

Davis vs. Levy
Natan Levy, DEC
So many decisions on this card, the only people getting put to sleep are the viewers

Osbourne vs. Filho
Jafel Filho, SUB, R2
If Filho can do that to Mokaev's leg, I dont see Osbourne surviving

"Better to burn out than to fade away"

DevinM34
DevinM34

03.11.2024 | 9:21 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Moisés vs. Ramirez
Thiago Moisés, SUB, R2
I'm honestly surprised Mitch Ramirez is in the UFC after getting knocked out on the Contender Series. Moises is a legitimate top 25 fighter at 155 and he's gonna strangle this dude.

"My balls was hot"

wburner
wburner
  • Predictions:  287  |  56.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

03.11.2024 | 9:48 AM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 280 Points   |   Tied for 3896th

Kianzad vs. Chiasson II
Macy Chiasson, DEC
I’m

foppa420
foppa420
  • Predictions:  2,105  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,148
  • Post Score: 137

03.11.2024 | 9:56 AM ET

Predictions: 7 of 13 Winners, 1 Perfect, 405 Points   |   Tied for 1345th

I think CeeRod is a good fighter and can absolutely win fights at 145 in the UFC but I don't think this will be one of them. I'm oddly confident in Dulgarian here. 

* Edited at 03.11.2024, 9:57 AM ET *

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal
  • MMA Junkie : Logan Paul offers to replace Mike Tyson to fight brother Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : New And Improved!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video and photo gallery
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland explains why he turned down Nick Diaz to fight at UFC 302 instead
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch WWE champ Cody Rhodes drop ‘Finish Your Story’ promo for Dustin Poirier at UFC 302
  • MMA Mania : Video! Costa Fails Bizarre Twerk Lesson
  • Middle Easy : UFC 302 Faceoffs: Dustin Poirier’s Final Stand Against Islam Makhachev: ‘The Talk Is Done’
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson boxing fight postponed due to medical advice